Apparently, this "25 Random Things About Me" thing is going around Facebook. Well, now that my wife has posted 25 random things about herself, I feel like I can't let her "one-up" me and so I'm going to try my hand at this.
1. I was on the TV show "Romper Room" for one week as a 5-year-old. I came home with a variety of gifts: A stuffed Winnie the Pooh, a giant container of chocolate milk mix, and other stuff I can't remember.
2. My first car was a 1976 Chevy Nova with no air conditioning and vinyl seats. Quite comfy, as you can imagine, in southern California.
3. There are certain movies that, no matter how many times I've seen them, if they are on TV, I watch them and can't turn them off. Hoosiers, Enemy of the State, and Rocky IV are just 3 of them.
4. I wanted to be a medical doctor when I first went to college.
5. The season finale of Season 3 of "24" was filmed at my high school. It's the scene where Jack Bauer has to cut off Chase's hand in order to free him from the bomb.
6. Spider-Man is clearly the greatest Superhero of all-time. He would defeat Superman, Batman, or any other pretender to his throne.
7. Speaking of Spider Man, I used to dress up as him when I was a child.
8. I spent 24 hours in jail when I was in college.
9. My two 2 favorite actors of all-time: Jimmy Stewart and Gene Hackman.
10. There are 3 particular foods that I cannot stand: Mayonnaise, gravy, and sausage. In fact, gravy has never passed my lips.
11. I cannot stand protruding ear hairs or nose hairs. One of my favorite small gifts was the combination ear hair/nose hair trimmer that my wife gave me. To this day, I cannot understand why people are not more vigilant with protruding hair.
12. I was part of a group of guys who burned a girl's teddy bear when we were in college. We had kidnapped the teddy bear and held it hostage for a free dinner. When the girls never paid up, we torched the bear.
13. My parents owned a little grocery store when I was 12 years old.
14. I've been snow skiing once in my life, when I was 21 years old. I was so bad that the girl operating the chair lift would stop the lift when she saw me coming up, because she didn't want to see me wipe out getting off.
15. When I was 16 years old, I played a round of golf with 7-year-old Eldrick Woods (now known as "Tiger"). He beat me by 2 shots.
16. I have always changed the oil in my cars.
17. I don't drink hot beverages.
18. When I was in Kindergarten, I pretended that my belt buckle was a camera and I would take pictures of all the little girls.
19. I was a business major for 2 weeks as a freshman in college. I was so disinterested in my first business class that my friend and I would sneak out during opening prayer.
20. The hair on my head grows exceedingly fast. My wife has to cut my hair at least every 3 weeks.
21. My favorite baseball player of all-time is Nolan Ryan.
22. I am now a full-blown Mac addict.
23. My left foot is a whole size larger than my right foot. It makes shoe-buying a real hassle.
24. I have smoked one time in my entire life. When I was 9 years old, my dad gave me a puff on his pipe, which immediately made me sick. That was my entire career as a smoker.
25. I know the "numbers" from ABC's "Lost" by heart. If you do as well, you'll be able to figure out which 5 of these random things are false.