Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Apparently, this "25 Random Things About Me" thing is going around Facebook. Well, now that my wife has posted 25 random things about herself, I feel like I can't let her "one-up" me and so I'm going to try my hand at this.

1. I was on the TV show "Romper Room" for one week as a 5-year-old. I came home with a variety of gifts: A stuffed Winnie the Pooh, a giant container of chocolate milk mix, and other stuff I can't remember.

2. My first car was a 1976 Chevy Nova with no air conditioning and vinyl seats. Quite comfy, as you can imagine, in southern California.

3. There are certain movies that, no matter how many times I've seen them, if they are on TV, I watch them and can't turn them off. Hoosiers, Enemy of the State, and Rocky IV are just 3 of them.

4. I wanted to be a medical doctor when I first went to college.

5. The season finale of Season 3 of "24" was filmed at my high school. It's the scene where Jack Bauer has to cut off Chase's hand in order to free him from the bomb.

6. Spider-Man is clearly the greatest Superhero of all-time. He would defeat Superman, Batman, or any other pretender to his throne.

7. Speaking of Spider Man, I used to dress up as him when I was a child.

8. I spent 24 hours in jail when I was in college.

9. My two 2 favorite actors of all-time: Jimmy Stewart and Gene Hackman.

10. There are 3 particular foods that I cannot stand: Mayonnaise, gravy, and sausage. In fact, gravy has never passed my lips.

11. I cannot stand protruding ear hairs or nose hairs. One of my favorite small gifts was the combination ear hair/nose hair trimmer that my wife gave me. To this day, I cannot understand why people are not more vigilant with protruding hair.

12. I was part of a group of guys who burned a girl's teddy bear when we were in college. We had kidnapped the teddy bear and held it hostage for a free dinner. When the girls never paid up, we torched the bear.

13. My parents owned a little grocery store when I was 12 years old.

14. I've been snow skiing once in my life, when I was 21 years old. I was so bad that the girl operating the chair lift would stop the lift when she saw me coming up, because she didn't want to see me wipe out getting off.

15. When I was 16 years old, I played a round of golf with 7-year-old Eldrick Woods (now known as "Tiger"). He beat me by 2 shots.

16. I have always changed the oil in my cars.

17. I don't drink hot beverages.

18. When I was in Kindergarten, I pretended that my belt buckle was a camera and I would take pictures of all the little girls.

19. I was a business major for 2 weeks as a freshman in college. I was so disinterested in my first business class that my friend and I would sneak out during opening prayer.

20. The hair on my head grows exceedingly fast. My wife has to cut my hair at least every 3 weeks.

21. My favorite baseball player of all-time is Nolan Ryan.

22. I am now a full-blown Mac addict.

23. My left foot is a whole size larger than my right foot. It makes shoe-buying a real hassle.

24. I have smoked one time in my entire life. When I was 9 years old, my dad gave me a puff on his pipe, which immediately made me sick. That was my entire career as a smoker.

25. I know the "numbers" from ABC's "Lost" by heart. If you do as well, you'll be able to figure out which 5 of these random things are false.

5 comments:

Al said...

6 - clearly false, the Hulk would wipe the floor with Spidey.
7 - ditto, you *still* dress up as Spidey. I noticed you preaching in your spidey suit a couple of weeks ago but I didn't think too much of it until just now...
15 - the manure alarm started going on this one too... I think Tiny Tiger beat you by more than two strokes. Oh, did I ever tell you about that time I taught Wayne Gretzky how to play hockey? True story...

Kevin Efflandt said...

Al, Al, Al. Looks like you need to start watching "Lost." Also, the Hulk? Are you serious? Spider-Man would engulf him in a sea of cobwebs and it would be over before you knew it.

Al said...

that's got to be the first time in my life that I've ever received "you should watch more TV" as pastoral advice! ;-)
sad but true - never seen LOST... do I qualify for some federal entitlement program?

Joyce said...

Being gullible, I believed every word, although I did wonder about the spidey suit that Al mentioned.

Rick will have to read this so he can tell me which answers are false. :)

Chris and Christina said...

re #6:
superman would always triumph in a battle royale of super heroes. he's only vulnerable to kryptonite and no super hero would be so cheap as to use that to their advantage. if they did, they would no longer be considered a super hero.

re #10:
i still don't understand how you can be so disgusted by something you've never even tasted.