Monday, October 27, 2008

Golf Day on Kauai

When I knew that we would be vacationing on Kauai again this year, one of the things that I wanted to do when I was here was play golf.  There are some beautiful golf courses here on Kauai..2 of the most well-known being Princeville and Poipu Bay.  The Princeville golf course, though, is about a 75 minute drive from where we're staying.  But Poipu Bay is about 2 minutes away.  So today my dad and I played Poipu Bay and had a wonderful time.  For those of you familiar with golf, this is where the Grand Slam of Golf was held from 1994-2006.  The Grand Slam of Golf is an end of the year tournament only for those who have won "majors" that year, which means that there are only 4 entrants into the tournament each year (since there are only 4 "majors").  Needless to say, the PGA doesn't hold golf tournaments at "average" golf courses.  Poipu Bay is a beautiful golf course.  Here are some of the pictures from today.





No comments: