Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vacation

My elders were kind enough to give me this Sunday off, to put together all the minutes and other necessary paperwork from our classis meeting this week (I serve as the stated clerk of classis).  And then after that, I will be using up my final 2 weeks of vacation.  Although much was accomplished with my first week of vacation this year (we remodeled the kitchen), we're a little more excited about these last 2 weeks of vacation.  We will be traveling to Kauai, where I will be preaching for a 1-year-old church plant there, Kauai Reformation Church.  We were privileged to spend 12 days there last year, meeting the wonderful people of that church who desire to see a Reformed church established on an island of 60,000 people where there is no other Reformed witness.  Please keep this church in your prayers, that the Lord would continue to grant stability and that in His time, they would be able to call a minister to that work.

I plan to post regularly here while we're on vacation, to show you some of the sights of one of the most beautiful places on earth.

No comments: